Feeling Shaggy? DIY Quarantine Haircuts
During our morning coffee chats at Indy Hall, I’ve been hearing that a lot of folks (especially men folk) are really wanting haircuts right now.
I successfully* cut my husband’s hair yesterday. We got a clipper and a set of guards, I watched a bunch of YouTube videos, and it went reasonably well.
Here’s an assembly of the videos that I found most helpful. The first video is also geared for folks who are cutting their own hair without anyone to help.
Other things that I learned:
- Starting with the largest guard was helpful. It gave me a chance to get used to the tool without doing irreparable damage to the haircut.
- Stand on the side that you’re cutting. Also, regularly take a step back to look at things.
- A comb and a spritz bottle of water were also really useful for seeing how the haircut was shaping up.
- Cutting the sides and back was pretty straightforward. We decided to forgo trimming the top until (1) the hair is longer and (hopefully) easier to manage, and (2) we have a better pair of scissors.
Hope this helps!
If you find other resources or tips, please let us know and we’ll add them!
* Success = My husband still has hair. Said hair is shorter than previously. No one is bleeding.