We’re excited for you to join our community.
Your new Indy Hall membership comes with all of the same access, resources, tools, and support that any member has.
That also means our membership comes with the same expectations we hold every Indy Hall member to.
Please read this page carefully to understand what we’re about, and how you can be sure to be an excellent citizen of the Indy Hall community.
This isn’t your everyday Terms of Service. Indy Hall is a community with a purpose. Please read this page thoroughly. Thanks!
The Members & Participants [a.k.a. the people, coworkers, groups and community] of Indy Hall located at 399 Market Street are not pigeon holed by job titles or industry sectors. We have a wider curiosity towards work, and towards each other.
We are a gathering of people finding a way of working better together (both offline and on) focused on inspiration, participation and learning through doing. Anything can happen, the environments and space(s) change.
Our community shares a fundamental optimism, a spirit of liberty in action, encouragement and enlightenment. Where many people would see problems, Participants see opportunities for making things better, and they wish to take on a personal responsibility for making things happen.
We work to inspire anyone to help everyone.
We use creative intelligence to solve real problems.
Indy Hall is quite different from your average working environment. We’re not a serviced office, we’re a community space. We look out for each other, and have each others’ backs.
Indy Hall cares about creating an open and welcoming community, and we are committed to making membership a respectful and harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sex, sexual orientation, disability, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, national origin, immigration status, age, political affiliation, or religion.
Our expectation of mutual respect and non-harassement applies to our physical space at 399 Market Street, outside of Indy Hall at community-related social activities, and online in both public and private channels. You can read our full Code of Conduct here.
Anyone who violates this code of conduct may put their Indy Hall membership at risk, including being asked to leave the community.
In order to keep our community spaces running smoothly for you and your fellow members, these are our expectations of an excellent, mindful member.
- The last remaining keyholder must ask a non-keyholder to leave at the end of the night, and non-keyholders must respect that request.
- You break or lose it, you are responsible for replacing it.
- Equipment & Professional Liability insurance is your own responsibility (our insurance cannot cover it).
- Cleaning up after yourself (at and around your desk, and in common areas), emptying bins & recycling are everyone’s responsibility. We work together to keep the Space we’re proud of presentable.
- Do leave the spaces as you found them, or in better shape. Decorating is welcomed, so long as they are not permanent/difficult remove!
- Anyone who behaves in a manner that is destructive to the Space or the Participants may be asked to leave. See Code of Conduct above for more details.
- Our internet is super-fast, but please be responsible and respectful with your internet usage around others. No bit-torrents. No porn.
- Respect other peoples privacy, confidentiality, safety, property and data.
Your Needs and Rights
All Indy Hall memberships include equal access to the community and its resources, with only a couple of specific exceptions noted below.
All Memberships Include:
- A productive, enjoyable place to work between 9am and 6pm, Monday through Friday.
- Fast internet, desks, power, & coffee.
- A login to the Indy Hall discussion list & chat room.
- Weekly announcements & events.
- A vibrant, cozy clubhouse to visit whenever you’d like, even if it’s just to stop by & say hello.
- An incredible community of smart, friendly, and helpful coworkers from all over the Philadelphia region and beyond.
- Free Tuesday night “Night Owls” working sessions from 6pm until it ends (usually at least 9pm). (Community membership does not include Night Owls, however you are welcome to come in at the discounted member day rate).
- You’re encouraged to host events of your own, including classes, social gatherings, and workshops. Talk to the team to learn how.
- The use of our conference rooms and gathering spaces. Please try to book usage in advance using our online booking system (the reservation link is at the top of this page)
- More good times than you’ll know what to do with.
- Whatever you and the other members decide together that membership should include.
Needs & rights for Full Time Members
- Full time members have a dark-colored “permanent” desk where they can leave their belongings.
- After 30 days, full time members are eligible to become a keyholder with three signatures from other keyholding members verifying that they’ve gotten to know each other to establish trust. When you’re ready for your key, let someone on the Indy Hall Team know.
- With a keycard, full time members may come and go as they please, 24/7. (Part time members can coordinate with keyholders to come in during off hours).
Any questions? We want to make sure you’re comfortable and confident, so if you have any questions or concerns, drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our door is always open to help 🙂
Note: After clicking the yellow button above, you’ll be on a page that it says $1/mo. This is just a placeholder to “trick” our system into asking for your payment info. Clever, right?
Anyway, once you finish your signup and enter your payment info, we will finalize your membership plan based on our previous conversations, and you’ll receive a detailed invoice when everything is complete.
Thanks for understanding! ????